11 Best Spirulina Powder For Smoothies
Spirulina is a funky, savory algae that has tremendous health benefits. No wonder people love them to add to their morning smoothies, juices, soups, and salads. Spirulina is vitamin-protein-rich blue-green algae that are intense and taste like salty seaweed.
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top Recommendations
Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood
Nutrex Hawaii Pure Hawaiian Spirulina Powder
Sunlit Best Green Organics Superfood Powder
If you love avocado smoothies, spirulina powder can be your best companion. But there are many powders available in the market. You have to cherry-pick the best spirulina powder for smoothies because the best spirulina contains no fillers and is free from any chemicals.
Spirulina is a saline algae, like seaweed that grows in a freshwater environment. There are many manufacturers in the USA that cultivates spirulina in contained pools. Commercial spirulina is typically a green-colored powder, tablet, or capsule used as a dietary supplement.
There are two types of spirulina: green and blue. Both are rich in vitamins A6, B, and K, including phycocyanin, riboflavin, and anti-inflammatory properties. Blue spirulina has a more neutral taste and smell than green spirulina. Nevertheless, green stinks but is nutrient-dense.
Best Spirulina Powder For Smoothies: Our Top 3 Picks Side-by-Side
Is It Healthy To Drink Smoothies?
Yes, smoothies can fulfill daily nutrients requirement if you spruce it up with loads of veggies and fruits. To maximize benefits, add spirulina powder for wholesomeness and a nutrient-dense supplement.
Having fresh smoothies in the morning is best to kick off the day. But having it with meals may lead to weight gain and calorie intake. Tune in to smoothies that are wholesome and within your daily calorie budget. If you aren’t a smoothie lover, mix spirulina powder with water/ juice and drink it straight up.
The popularity of spirulina has led to many popular restaurants offering desserts containing it, for example, brownies and truffles. Some people find it savory, but it has a natural earthiness that is perfect for a sweet smoothie to offset the sweetness.
If you’re a smoothie lover, go with spirulina powder paired with sweet fruits like banana, pineapple, mango, and peach. Raw spirulina powder isn’t something you’ll love, is it?
What Is Spirulina Powder Good For?
Spirulina powder has proteins, copper, thiamin, iron, and amino acids beta-carotene that has n number of health benefits. Being a non-terrestrial plant, it has no cellulose making it easily digestible. So, what does spirulina do for you?
Spirulina powder contains powerful anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It lowers cholesterol, protects LDL from oxidation, lowers high blood pressure, may reduce cancer occurrence, is effective against anemia, and provides muscle strength.
It may be misleading to market spirulina powders as plant-based proteins. Spirulina contains sixty percent of the protein you may get from 4 ounces of beef.
But if you have a busy schedule and you have less time for keeping a diet chart, spirulina powder can be a savior. Also, it depends on the quality of the spirulina powder. Hence always go for quality-based organic spirulina.
Spirulina Powder That Is Best for Smoothies!
People are turning vegan and opting for plant-based sources of protein nowadays. Protein and vitamin are essential for enhancing performance. The convenience of spirulina powder is that you can scoop a teaspoon into your smoothies for extra nutrition.
If you can’t tolerate the taste, you can try taking spirulina tablets or capsules. But for complete nutrition, go for spirulina powder.
Here are the best spirulina powders that you can incorporate into your daily smoothies and juices. Without much ado, let’s unwrap the details for you!
1. Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood – Best Overall
Started by a family farm in Kanas, Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood is the best way to provide body nutrition.
- PROMOTES HEALTHY DIGESTION: Our Greens Blend are thoughtfully crafted with a nutritious blend of alkalizing greens,...
- CLEAN AND GREEN: Made with ingredients you can trust, our Greens Blend are Certified Organic by CCOF, Sugar Free, Gluten...
- SUPPORTS IMMUNITY AND GUT HEALTH: Packed with 2 full servings of wholesome fruits, vegetables, vitamins & minerals in every...
This process is a slow growth process grown outside during winter to allow grass to capture nutrients and minerals in the soil. They are then dehydrated and preserved. It’s bioavailable and easy to digest.
- Boost Memory: Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood is a superfood for a healthy life. It contains green tea extract that helps boost memory power and weight loss.
- Non-GMO, Gluten-free Product: It’s a plant-based product and contains non-GMO ingredients. Being gluten-free and certified products, they are good sources of fiber.
- All Organic: They believe in all organic, natural, and superior production. It claims to bestow natural energy via nutrition and antioxidants.
- Supports Immunity and Gut Health: It has digestive enzymes that improve gut health, and Vitamins C & K enhance immunity and prevents pathogens. So, that you stay healthy and less prone to sickness.
- Affordable and gluten-free
- Come in a variety of flavors
- Certified non-GMO product
- Convenient way of adding nutrition
- Available in offline and online stores
- No third-party testing
- Proprietary blends make it hard to know the exact amount of dosage
2. Sunlit Best Green Organics Superfood Powder – Best Value for Your Money
- 100% ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Organic Spirulina, Organic Alfalfa Leaf, Organic WheatGrass, Organic Barley Grass, Organic...
- POWDERED SUNSHINE IN A TABLESPOON. By Sunlit Best Green Organics The most powerful, cell-illuminating organic super food...
- JUST ONE SCOOP: makes a great tasting diet smoothie, energy drink recipe. Just blend your favorite smoothie recipe in your...
- If you are thinking of having a detox, this superfood will be a great inclusion to your diet.
- It is made from all-organic products.
- The powder is full to the brim, so you are guaranteed to get the amount of product that you actually paid for.
- This powder can be used in a delicious diet smoothie and energy drink recipe. Simply add to your favorite smoothie recipe in your blender.
- This product contains no soy or lactose. It is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- One scoop of BodyBrite Superfood in your favorite drink, dish, or smoothie will release an incredible 21 organic fruits and veggies as well as potent antioxidants to help rid your body of free radicals. Most importantly, say goodbye to the terrible flavor of spirulina powder that you’re used to!
- While this product is 100% natural and organic, it may include ingredients to which you are allergic. Before including this into your diet, talk with your doctor.
3. Nutrex Hawaii Pure Hawaiian Spirulina Powder – Best Nutrition
In sunny Hawaii, Hawaiian Spirulina is developed over for many years of continuous cultivation. The plants are carefully selected and grown in freshwater and deep oceans.
- Get your daily dose of one of nature’s original superfoods with Pure Hawaiian Spirulina; We grow it naturally on our farm...
- Pure Hawaiian Spirulina supports healthy aging by boosting the immune system, provides nourishment for a healthy and active...
- Take 1 tsp daily on its own or mix it into food or a beverage; An excellent source of vitamins A, K1, K2, B12, iron as well...
Hawaiian spirulina contains 100% pure spirulina powder. It contains high antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals that support overall health. Nutrex claims to provide immunity, healthy aging, lower BP, support normal cholesterol and enhance energy.
- Promotes Health: Hawaiian spirulina aids in cardiovascular, eye health, immunity, and brain health.
- Active Lifestyle: It helps in boosting energy to live an active lifestyle. It’s a rich source of protein, and Vitamins A, K1, K2, B12, and iron are more nutrients per gram than other brands.
- Grown Naturally: It’s grown on a sustainable farm that features natural sunlight and clean water free from irradiation and herbicides.
- Muscular Strength: The major benefits of pure spirulina are that it offers improved muscular strength, prevents anemia, and removes toxic heavy metals from the body.
- High Quality and Organic: It’s free from any fillers or pesticides. One spoon adds vitamins A, K1, K2, B12, iron, and amino acids. Add this high-quality spirulina to your morning smoothies and get sounder immunity.
- It’s grown exclusively in the USA.
- It’s a certified and quality-based product.
- It contains 70% proteins and high content of iron and other minerals.
- Foul smell and taste
- May not last fresh for a long time
- Some might feel drained or dizziness
4. Spirulina Powder for Smoothies – Best Effective
Enjoy this spirulina powder in your beverages and soups. It’s a premium product by Carlyle.
- ORGANIC SPIRULINA POWDER: Enjoy this blue-green algae super food in any beverage for a nutritional boost
- QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Features 8,000 mg of vegan spirulina per serving of powder
- ROOTED IN WELLNESS: Carlyle provides premium, honest supplements in your pursuit to healthy living
It’s a gluten-free and non-GMO product that boosts daily nutritional needs.
- Quality Ingredients: It features 8,000mg of vegan spirulina per serving.
- Rooted Wellness: It’s a premium product that provides nutritional boosts.
- Filler Free: Laboratory tested, Gluten, sweeteners, preservatives, and artificial flavors aren’t used in this product. You get pure vegetarian formula with 100% guaranteed and trusted ingredients perfect for healthy living.
- 100% Vegetarian formula
- Pure and natural ingredients
- Good quantity and very affordable
- Non-GMO, gluten, or preservatives
- No refunds
- Sticks and doesn’t mix well
- The taste and smell aren’t pleasant.
5. Micro Ingredients Raw Spirulina Organic Powder – Best Raw Organic Product
Like other spirulina powders, Micro Ingredients Raw Spirulina Organic Powder is full of enzymes, fiber, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
- USDA Organic Spirulina Powder, 1 Pound (16 Ounce), Pure Source, Non-GMO, Non-Irradiated and Vegan Friendly.
- Rich in Vegan Protein, Enzyme, Fiber, Amino Acids (Omega 3 6 9, GLA, Arginine), Flavonoids, Immune Vitamins (Vitamin A,...
- No GMOs, No Additives, No Preservatives, No Fillers, No Artificial Colors, No Flavor, No Soy and No Gluten.
It’s one of the best among the listed items. You can take it once per day, and you’ll start seeing a difference in your energy state.
- Benefits: Raw organic spirulina powder has many benefits, such as protecting against cancer, reducing cholesterol, and enhancing gut health.
- High in Content: Contains protein, enzymes, carotenoids, amino acids (beta carotenoids, omega 3 6 9, GLA, Arginine), flavonoids, immune vitamins, biotin, and minerals.
- Concentrated: Highly concentrated, quick absorption, easily digestible, and many more.
- It has good packaging.
- Prevention against allergies.
- Free from preservatives and chemicals.
- One scoop and you get all that you need.
- Not very soluble in water
- Bitter odd taste and aroma
- Some may feel dehydrated and tired after consumption.
6. Organic Detox Smoothie Powder – Best for Energy and Weight loss
Organic Detox Smoothie Powder is a detox mix that contains spirulina and barley grass juice powder. It has no nasty additives and mild flavors.
No products found.
If you want a mild-taste detox powder, this is it! It’s sweet and not too earthy, ideal for smoothies and juices. It adds thickness and acts as a probiotic drink.
- Easy Smoothie Recipe: It’s a 10-day detox smoothie mix with barley, Atlantic flakes, and spirulina powder. Juices made from this product taste great and are grown organically.
- USDA Certified: It’s USDA-certified, so you’re sure about the quality and testing. It’s a 100% organic seaweed, vegan and non-GMO product.
- Europe Cultivation: A European farm cultivates it, and the packaging is biodegradable.
- Great Taste with Health: It’s a superfood with superior taste. It contains algae and dulse seaweed that makes taste neutral. It’s green and all-natural whichimproves digestion, promotes weight loss and decreases inflammation.
- Great for body detoxification.
- It has a mild taste ideal for smoothies.
- It’s cruelty-free and has no added preservatives.
- It’s USDA certified and provides a money-back guarantee.
- Three-in-one powder (barley, spirulina, and Atlantic dulse)
- Chalky consistency
- Packaging is messy
- May not be palatable to some
No products found.
7. Vimergy Natural Spirulina Powder – Efficient Healthy Supplement
Vimergy Natural Spirulina is grown in perfect climatic conditions. It has vital minerals and vitamins. It has more than 50% plant protein, so add fiber to your drinks or smoothies on the go.
- 3 GRAMS OF RAW SPIRULINA POWDER: Contains 3g of 100% whole, organic spirulina powder
- IMMUNE HEALTH: Contains phytonutrients and antioxidants that support immune system health *
- CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH: Spirulina helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system *
It’s a GRAS-certified special green powder excellent in increasing nutritional value.
- Supports Immune System: It supports a healthy immune and cardiovascular system
- Certified Product: You can be confident in the quality and authenticity of this product because it’s GRAS certified by the FDA. There are no herbicides, pesticides, or irradiations used on this plant. It’s grown under non-GMO conditions, vegan, corn-free, and Paleo-friendly.
- Produced in the USA: It’s cultivated in the US in fresh river water.
- Easy Consuming: Just add it to water, smoothie, or juice.
- Nutrient Dense: Contains beta-carotene, Vitamins B12, and A, iron, phenolic acids, amino acids, and tocopherols.
- It’s GRAS certified
- USA-made, not Chinese-imported
- It contains 50% plant-based protein
- No chemicals, irradiation, or pesticides
- Energizes and provides healthy smoothie
- People experienced bowel issues due to it
- Some might feel it a bit more expensive than other brands
- May be allergic to some as it’s processed in a facility where tree nuts are processed
8. Amazing Grass Super Greens Powder – All Natural
Amazing Super greens powder involves farm-fresh wheat grass, kale, moringa, and spirulina.
- SUPPORTS OVERALL HEALTH & WELLNESS: One serving of Amazing Grass Super Greens delivers a nutritious blend of key nutrients,...
- FOUR SUPERFOODS: Our Super Greens Powder thoughtfully blends chlorophyll rich wheat grass, Vitamin A & K dense kale, the...
- SUPERCHARGE YOUR SMOOTHIE: Intentionally crafted with organic ingredients to boost your healthy routine, our Super Greens...
Those who prefer nutrition get a good source of vitamins A and K, amino acids, and minerals in this delicious organic super greens powder. It supports overall health.
- Certified Product: It’s a USDA-certified product that is non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, and plant-based. It contains a natural level of chlorophyll that enhances the benefits of the product.
- Supports Immunity: It supports immunity and the digestive system.
- Combinations of Superfoods: It consists of farm-fresh wheatgrass, kale, and moringa dense with phytonutrients.
- Contains no fillers
- USDA-certified product
- Nutritious and delicious superfood
- Tastes good as compared to pure spirulina powders
- Each scoop has the goodness of protein and essential vitamins
- No pleasant smell.
- Some people didn’t like its taste.
- Some felt fatigued due to the powder.
9. Zazzee Organic Spirulina Powder – Super affordable
If you want a huge container of spirulina powder, you should go for Zazzee organic spirulina powder.
- SUPER VALUE: Our 100% Pure Organic Spirulina comes in a 2.2 pound (1 KG) container. Ounce for ounce, we offer the least...
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Our Organic Spirulina Powder meets the strict organic standards of the USDA. Having USDA...
- LAB-TESTED, CONTAMINANT FREE, AND 100% PURE: Our Organic Spirulina Powder is third-party tested by an independent lab, and is...
It’s the most affordable organic spirulina on the list and costs only $0.96 per ounce. You don’t have to compromise on its quality, though. It’s grown in a natural irradiated environment in the US and meets the guidelines of USDA organic standards.
- Hundred Percent Pure Spirulina: Zazzee organic powder is 100% pure spirulina powder. Besides being vegan, it’s free from additives, preservatives, and gluten, and meets all USDA requirements.
- Third-Party Tested: It’s third-party tested, so you get a gold-standard product straight to your home.
- Great Packaging: There is no moisture zone inside the container because it has a zipper seal.
- Gold Standard Production: Zazzee powder is manufactured in the USA under proper supervision. Quality and authenticity assurance is the priority of the company.
- Completely natural
- Mess-free containers
- Good algae supplement
- High quality and freshness last long
- It’s third-party tested and holds USDA certification
- Not for thyroid patients
- Some may experience headache and insomnia
- The certificate of analysis lacks complete information
10. DNA707 Premium Organic Spirulina Powder – Energizing spirulina
As the name says, DNA707 retails premium organic spirulina. It’s high in quality and USDA-approved.
- HIGH QUALITY, USDA ORGANIC SPIRULINA – From the pristine deserts of Inner Mongolia, this incredible 100% Pure Spirulina...
- AMAZING HEALTH BENEFITS – Spirulina is one of the top superfoods in the world and it supports almost every single organ and...
- EXTREMELY NUTRITIOUS – This blue green algae has the highest concentration of protein of any plant or animal on a gram per...
It’s 100% pure spirulina powder that is free from any adulteration.
- Organic: Spirulina is one of the healthiest superfoods in the world. If you get a raw, organic, and irradiated product— nothing beats it.
- High Nutritional Value: Blue-green algae have more beta carotenes than carrots, more calcium than milk, and more iron than spinach. So just one spoon is jammed with daily nutrition needs.
- Aids in Weight Loss and Supports Overall Health: It’s best for eye & brain health, increases energy, and supports weight loss. It also supports the proper functioning of body organ functions.
- USDA Approved: It’s cultivated in pristine areas of the Gobi desert that is free from any sort of pollutants. It’s 100% vegetarian too.
- Money back guarantee
- High-quality and 100% organic spirulina
- Keeps mood elevated throughout the day
- USDA-approved, non-GMO, 100% Vegetarian
- High in protein and works great on your daily nutrition index
- Terrible smell
- Salty-bitter taste
- It’s a Chinese product
11. KOS Super Greens Powder – Best in taste
Try KOS super greens if you want tasty spirulina powder. The berry flavor is its USB with NSF and USDA certification.
- Convenient, Delicious Nutrition: Green apple sorbet flavored green superfood powder formulated to support immune function,...
- Immunity Booster: Loaded with spirulina powder & chlorella powder which are packed with essential phytonutrients. The balance...
- Digestion Support: Organic prebiotic fiber + organic acacia gum bolster the digestive process and enhance nutrient...
It’s available in three different flavors for your choice. It has more ingredients like ashwagandha, cordyceps, RhodiolaRosea, and lion’s mane. Every container lasts a month and provides 30 servings.
- Immunity Booster: Minerals and nutrients abound in the KOS super greens. One spoonful of this powder gives you all-day-long energy. The body is revitalized by it naturally. It relieves you from inflammation.
- Convenient and Delicious: It comes in green apple sorbet flavoring especially formulated for supporting immunity, aiding digestion, and overall health.
- Alkalizing Formula: It’s an alkalizing superfood that contains a mixture of wheatgrass powder, oats powder, kale powder, and many more.
- Cleanses your body
- Boosts energy levels
- Bit pricey but delicious
- Digestive and immune support
- Natural goodness with three different flavors
- Contains artificial flavoring
- Some users find it still yucky
- Some users felt nauseous and ended up puking
Spirulina Powder FAQS
Can You Take Spirulina Powder Every day?
Yes, you can consume spirulina every day. When you drink regularly, there are many advantages. Additionally, it helps to strengthen the immunological and digestive systems and promotes the health of the eyes and brain. Overall, it will aid you in losing weight and getting clear skin.
What Goes Well When Mixed With Spirulina?
Smoothies, drinks, soups, and even sweets can all be flavored with spirulina. Many upscale bakeries employ natural additives to boost the nutritional value of their treats. If you’re making any juices, don’t put them in the blender. Shake and mix it.
What Does Spirulina Taste Like in Smoothies?
Spirulina smoothies taste great when you neutralize the flavor with fruits and vegetables. Spirulina powder has a seaweed flavor and goes well with sweet fruits like mango, pineapple, and banana. Orange or mango juice are two options for juices. So, if you love to add palatable nutrition, go for the best blue spirulina powder for smoothies.
Before picking any spirulina powder, make sure what you want — whether you prefer taste over purity. If you’re okay with the seaweed taste, go for wholesome, organic super greens, or just pick flavor blends.
You should double-check the contents of the shiny spirulina before buying it. There may be harmful fillers in your spirulina like high fructose corn syrup, sweeteners, artificial flavors and colorings, sodium nitrate, BHA, and MSG. Always check the USDA certification and non-irradiated label on the bottle.
Our list partakes a few best spirulina powders that are pesticide-free, herbicide-free, and radiation-free. We guarantee that all of the spirulina brands on this list were chosen based on user feedback so that you get the best product possible.