If you are into fitness, chances are that you have come across or tried protein powder while shopping at a local nutrition store, or maybe even ordered them online when you wanted to shed some pounds. However, there is a good chance that you also experienced a “price shock”, which made you put that container right back onto the shelf.
Three of the most common questions when it comes to buying protein powder is what ingredient should you select, where should you buy it from, and how much it costs. Even though there are numerous flavors and brands of these supplements, not all of them are created equal.
In this post, I will share with you the top 3 cheap protein powders for weight loss that won’t leave a hole in your pocket but does deliver quality results.
What Do I Need to Look for in a Protein Powder?
You should keep a few factors in mind while shopping for the best cheap protein powder brand which will satisfy your demands. As is always the case, pricing is not the sole determining element in your decision, as these following considerations could impact whether the food supplement does cause more damage than good.
The Support It Provides in Building Muscle Mass
Look for a protein powder with adequate protein per serving to boost your muscle-building efforts. The higher the protein content, the greater the impact on your protein consumption after an exercise. Whey protein is highly popular because it has a high concentration of BCAAs, which are essential for muscle building.
How It Is Easily Processed by Your Stomach
Plant-based protein powder, for example, is easier to digest than other protein blend products. These types of protein powders are often manufactured from vegan sources such as brown rice protein, soy protein, hemp protein, or pea protein. If you have bloating or digestive concerns, choose a plant-based source.
Its Contribution to Your Weight Loss Goals
When it comes to protein powder for weight loss, seek for products that have a low fat, sugar, and carbohydrate content per serving. The greater amount of sugars and carbohydrates a protein powder contains, the more likely it is to be turned into excess fat.
If You’re Watching Out for Any Allergens or Intolerance
If you have a lactose intolerance, ensure that the protein powder contains whey protein isolate. While regular protein powder contains dairy for each serving, whey protein isolate is a form of whey protein that has less than 1% lactose, making it generally safe for those with lactose allergies.
Top 3 Best Protein Powder for Weight Loss
Top 1 Best Overall Protein Powder in Quality and Price: Transparent Labs Whey Isolate
Transparent Labs Whey Isolate is undoubtedly the greatest affordable option when it comes to high-quality protein supplements, as it is a grass-fed whey isolate protein powder with 28g of protein per serving.
It has a high protein content per serving and is derived from ethically treated grass-fed cows, giving you everything you need to flourish physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Per serving, there are no artificial sweeteners, preservatives, or coloring
- Non-GMO and gluten-free
- 100% hormone-free grass-fed whey protein isolate
- Protein per serving ratios with the highest protein content
Top 2 Best in Flavor Variety and BCAA Content: Nutricost Whey Protein
This powder from Nutricost contains 25 grams of protein for each serving. Nutricost has successfully created a top quality product, while maintaining its affordability by manufacturing it with high grade ingredients in a facility that is GMP-compliant. This whey protein concentrate also contains a lot of necessary amino acids and BCAAs, which help with muscle development and recovery.
- Undenatured, Whey Protein Concentrate
- 5LBS of Chocolate Flavored Whey Protein Concentrate Per Bottle
- Delicious Milk Chocolate Flavored Whey Protein Concentrate
- Available in many flavors such as strawberry milkshake, vanilla, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate.
- Sold in 5-pound and 2-pound containers
- Non-GMO and also gluten-free
- Blends really well with liquids
- If you are not a fan of sweet flavors, try to test a small amount before purchasing in bulk
- Always check with your doctor to ensure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients
Top 3 Best No Frills, Just Straight Protein Powder: Whey Protein Concentrate by Bulk Supplements
Hundreds of thousands of users benefit from bulk supplements, which contain more than 500 nutritional supplement ingredients. They have manufactured numerous high quality products and offer them at great prices by producing them in an NSF-certified and FDA-registered cGMP facility.
- ✔️ Great Source of Protein!: Protein is essential for building strong, lean muscles. Our Whey Protein Concentrate, a...
- ✔️ Ideal for Muscle Recovery: One of the Whey protein available in the market, our Whey Protein Concentrate powder is one...
- ✔️ Perfect for Active Lifestyles: Whether you’re just enjoy regular exercise, this Whey Protein Powder, or Whey Protein...
Another one of their amazing products is the whey protein concentrate. With 80% protein per serving and an excellent amino acid profile, this product is ideal for post-workout recovery. It is ranked third because it is unflavored. This implies less options for your palate, and not everyone prefers an unflavored shake.
- Blends easily into liquids without clumping
- You can mix this into literally anything, and it won’t compromise the flavor of your food or drink
- An affordable, low carb source of protein for your daily needs
- No added artificial sweeteners
- In case you’re looking for flavor variety, this does not have flavor options
A Few More Tips on Buying Cheap Protein Powder
If you think you couldn’t buy protein powder cheap, then there’s your list! Here are a few more tips on how you can buy protein powder at lower prices:
- Purchase them in bundles, which are usually offered as starter packs or goal-tied branding such as “weight loss bundles”.
- Once you’ve found the powder that works for you, it’s best to buy in bulk!
- Subscribe to your favorite brands for any promotions or flash sales.
- Follow your favorite influencers or fitness icons as they often give out discount codes, being the ambassadors of the said brand.
Whey A Minute! Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions
How long does whey protein last?
Whey protein lasts on the shelf for up to 15 months when stored at room temperature (about 77 Fahrenheit). If you’re storing your whey protein in the freezer, it will last significantly longer than this—up to two years. Storing your whey protein at higher temperatures will also reduce its shelf life.
If you’re storing it in your fridge or even just on your kitchen countertop, the time it takes for it to go bad will be much shorter—typically less than six months.
How much whey protein should I take daily?
There’s a lot of conflicting information out there on how much whey protein you should be taking. Some people say that the ideal amount is 1 gram per pound of body weight, while others insist that you should go by your body weight in kilograms.
And then there are people who say that the best thing to do is just try it out and see what works for you. I would say it’s best to also consult a health professional, so you can make sure that you are addressing all your body’s needs for protein in an exact manner.
What is the best cheap when protein?
Based on comparisons on value for money, flavor variety, and the advocacies behind the manufacturing process of the product, I would say Transparent Labs Whey Isolate takes the crown.
When it comes to buying any kind of supplement, quality is an important factor. Supplements are no exception because when you buy them, you’re suggesting that it can help support your health.
Otherwise, why would you buy the product? But it’s also important that you don’t spend more on supplements than you need to. By making good decisions, including those listed above, you should be able to save money while still getting high-quality protein powder that’s perfect for your needs.